Saturday, December 31, 2011

*2011 Favorites*

2011 has been a great year for Holly Do. 
I thought I would take time to post some of my favorite pieces of the year.
Here they are in no particular order!

This desk was a mess when I found it on the side of the road.  
Upon painting it and adding stripes it turned out perfect!  
An old friend of mine bought it for her son's room!


This Farmhouse Bookcase was a pain!  
It was definitely a "learning" project for me.  I learned how to strip paint and also to never use polyurethane on anything with light colored paint. 
Though in the long run it was worth all the trouble and turned out great.
 This Antique Dresser and Mirror is a Beauty.
 I just loved the outcome of this Shabby Make-up Vanity.  
I found all the pieces separately at  a garage sale thrift store and a flea market but the look like they were all meant for each other.  
This pieces was sold to a wonderful couple to be used in their little girls nursery.  
The perfect piece to grow with her...changing table...desk...make-up vanity.

A client called and asked it I had a nightstand that could be used in a boy's room
so I pulled out this to make a  Striped Nightstand. 
Later on she brought me the dresser from his room and I added stripes to that as well.
 A friend of mine asked if I would make-over her Dining Set for her formal dining room.  She has an amazing sense of style so this set was so fun to do!
 I had painted this Dresser last year a plain white but it just seem to boring for me.  
So once I added the numbers is sold quickly.

 I finally got around to making over a piece for myself, this is a rare occasion, usually everything I do is for sale or for a client!  
This  Entertainment Center will be the inspiration for my living room make-over...hopefully I will be doing that this week and posting pictures soon!
 I love this Make-up vanity that I had the privileged of painting 
and selling to help raise $ for my friend!

Thank you to everyone who has followed and supported Holly Do. this year...I am truly grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment