Monday, April 25, 2011

*Holly Paint*

I found this bookcase awhile back and 
I swear it is the heaviest thing ever!! 
Trust me I know because I lugged this thing many times as I tried to figure out what color and style to paint!!

I decided to use stripper for the first time, which was easy...this thing is solid wood so I primed it then painted it white.  I distressed it then sealed it...which a few day's later it had yellow spots all over it....uughh...frustrating!
(Oh...the yellow spots are because I used Polyurethane on white, I know better then that, 
just wasn't using my brain that day!) 

So out came the sander...more paint... more sanding...stain...bead board...sanding...this piece is a true labor of LOVE.
But well worth it...I have tried every spot in my house because I want to keep it so badly, but nothing works so it's up for sale. 
I'll be sad when it's gone...we formed a bond through all that mess!
SOLD!





Tip Junkie handmade projects
Transformation Thursday

7 comments:

  1. NICE! I'm surprised that it had yellow spots on it if you used a primer. That's not good but it turned out beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...I forgot to say the yellow spots came from the polyurethane I used..my mistake should of used polyacrylic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, holly! i love the beadboard backing and the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bookshelves + Beadboard = Love! I have about 3 that I have done in the last month. Beadboard just makes everything better. I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work! Don't you feel accomplished now =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm. You. Rock! :)I love that bookcase! Nicely done! Hi, I'm Meme for Screaming Meme. I wanted to personally invite you to my Giveaway Series. My first giveaway is beautiful slipcover. If you get the chance stop in and remember to check back and see what I am giving away next. :) Hope to you see there!

    ReplyDelete