Monday, April 26, 2010

*Holly Bake*

I love Cinnamon Rolls, actually I love anything Cinnamon, so I thought I would share my Cinnamon Roll recipe.
They are delicious, at least I think they are!!




CINNAMON ROLLS
-8 large rolls--
Dough:
1 1/2 package dry yeast
1/2 c. warm water
1/2 c. shortening
1/3 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
1 egg -beaten-
4-5 c. flour

Filling:
1/4 c. butter -melted-
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. Cinnamon

Add warm water to yeast and let soak 10 minutes until softened.
In small saucepan scald milk.
Meanwhile place shortening in large bowl, pour scalded milk over shortening, add sugar & salt, let cool until tepid. Add dissolved yeast and beaten egg. Add 4-5 cups of flour, one at a time, beating after each 1 cup addition. Dough should be soft yet firm enough to handle. Knead dough until elastic and smooth. Turn dough into well oiled bowl. Let rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Press dough down and roll in large rectangle. Using pastry brush, brush on melted butter. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon then layer over melted butter. Roll up jelly roll style. Cut 1 1/2 inch slices and place in greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Cover and let rise for about 1 hour. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-23 minutes.

Frosting:
2 c. powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. butter -room temperature-
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Milk or whipping cream

Mix together powdered sugar, butter and vanilla, add a little milk until thick consistency. Spread over warm rolls.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that I missed your call asking me to come over for Cinnamon rolls and tea. That is a very cruel picture to put on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could of invited you over, but you may be at home right now with the stomach flu...we all got it...so I bet you're happy I didn't make that call!!!

    ReplyDelete