Tuesday, November 1, 2011

*Holly Paint*

I had a client drop of this old buffet cabinet and wanted it to be made over. 
I can't not believe I didn't get a before picture of this thing...it was a mess! 
She pulled it out of her Grandpa's barn. 
It had at least 4 coats of paint and the colors were very random.
 Though I loved the different colors I was finding... grass green, red, mint green...
beautiful old-fashion colors! 
After a lot of sanding, stripping and fixing here is what it looks like now.  
It still has an old farmhouse look without all the dirt!  

I re-used all of the original hardware, the glass knobs had been painted over at least 3 times.  The paint came off with a little soaking and scraping.

Sorry for the horrible pictures I took them quickly as we were loading the pieces.





The client also brought this table over and wanted it to coordinate with the buffet.  
She found the table for free in front of a thrift store...lucky girl!!  
I had a hard time giving her this set back...I fell IN LOVE with it!!






4 comments:

  1. Lovely! The pop of color inside is such a surprise, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! those are both awesome, but i espeically love the little cabinet! adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FABULOUS job redoing these pieces. That TABLE...oooohhhh...I am positively smitten...

    Deborah (visiting happily from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com...hope you'll stop by and say hi too...) ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMM... just lovely! I definitely wouldn't have wanted to give them back either!

    ReplyDelete