Friday, February 22, 2013

*Holly Paint* Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint

My good friend was handed-down this Martha Washington Sewing Cabinet from her friend.  Lucky Girl!
She asked me to give it a makeover and said I could do as I please.  
That always makes me nervous. 
 And, of course, I had to try a new product. 
 Which makes me even more nervous.  
Why do I do this to myself??!!   

I wanted the piece to look like it had been painted for years and pulled out of  Grandma's Sewing Room.
So enter...Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint....
that should get the job done.
 And did it ever...


Just look at the fabulous chippy, crackle finish.



So here are my thoughts on Milk Paint...
1.  This paint is unpredictable on how it will cover.  Chippy here, crackely there, full coverage in other spots.
2.  It is oh the expensive side so make sure you know what you are doing.
3. I will definitely be using it again!  

1 comment:

  1. Your project is so awesome! I just received my first shipment of Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint and I am so psyched and can't wait to try it out! I simply LOVE LOVE LOVE the piece of furniture that you did! Looks amazing with the milk paint. I hope that it was okay that I posted a couple of your pics on my blog (of course I did credit you and posted a link to your site). Very inspiring, decided you "linky" you and check back often! Thank you for the post! :-)

    ReplyDelete