Monday, July 5, 2010

*Holly Bake*


I wanted to make something festive for the 4th of July and since I am a "sprinkle hoarder" I decided I better make something that I could use my Red-White & Blue sprinkles. Of course I had to have Chocolate and Vanilla cupcakes but now I have a few too many in our house even after giving some to our neighbors!

The recipe for the white cake I found at allrecipes.com for Simple White Cake. Then I made cream cheese frosting sorry no recipe for that.

For the chocolate cupcakes I use this recipe:
My favorite Chocolate Cake
(One Bowl Cake)

1 cup buttermilk
1 cup water
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2, 9" round pans or about 18 cupcakes. In large bowl combine buttermilk, water, oil, sugar, eggs, baking soda, and salt. Using a large whisk, whisk until well combined. Add flour and cocoa powder; whisk vigorously until smooth. Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes for round pans or around 15-18 minutes for cupcakes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.

Chocolate Fudge Frosting
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. cocoa
4 c. powdered sugar
6 Tbsp. milk
2 tsp. vanilla
Mix salt and butter together and beat in cocoa, Add powdered sugar and vanilla, beat in milk1 Tbsp. at a time until creamy.



No comments:

Post a Comment