So I know my last post was promising a makeover of my son's room. Well, remember when I wrote that my husband was making a bunk bed because we are in the foster/adopt program so we wanted to be prepared when we had a placement? Well...we are excited to say that a little boy has come to live with us which means it is taking me a little longer to finish the room! This means I'm now working on painting a crib, a bigger dresser and a few other ideas.
I will post pictures as soon as I'm done.
In the mean time here are a few pictures of some before and afters that I finished a few weeks ago.
This nightstand was sitting on the curb waiting for the garbage truck to pick it up. I liked the columns on the side so I knew with some paint and updated it knobs it had some potential.
I picked up this small dresser at a garage sale. I liked the size because it can be used as a dresser or a nightstand. I painted it light turquoise and lightly distressed. I found some clear acrylic flower knobs that added a little fun to the piece.
I picked up this sad looking dresser at a local thrift store. I can never pass up a solid wood dresser and it has keyholes too.
If only it had the key!!
I It was painted antique white and the top was stained dark walnut.
This cute little cabinet was given to me from a client...
I haven't painted anything pink for awhile but I just felt like it needed a "girly" makeover. I painted it a light pink, distressed lightly and sprayed the knob white.
I'm going to be looking for more pieces like this one!