Sunday, April 21, 2013

*Holly Paint* - Secretary Desk

So I have had this desk had been sitting in my garage for almost 2 years. 
My Aunt rescued it from her neighbor when she put it on the side of the road for the garbage man to haul away.  I was dreading painting it because of all of the cubby holes but one day I pulled it out and tackled it!  Actually it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Though I am glad I waited to paint it because I have learned a lot over the years which made this project easier than I thought.


I started by sanding and priming the desk. 
 I then used a dark teal spray paint on the cubby holes to add a pop of color.  The body of the desk is painted antique white, lightly distressed and waxed for protection.




 I found these bronze and diamond handles at Hobby Lobby and thought they would be perfect to finish off the desk. I used small glass-like knobs for the smaller drawers.



2 comments:

  1. I have always been fascinated with and wanted a desk like that. You did a great job and I LOVE that teal! Are you putting it in your etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanne! I have it listed on Facebook.

      Delete