Friday, October 19, 2012

*Holly Bake*

Here's a yummy one for you....
White cake with Lemon Curd & Lemon Mascarpone Frosting

I made this for my husbands birthday.  He is always requesting Lemon Cake so that's what he got!
But I gotta love that he doesn't care what it looks like so I was able to make it all cute and stuff.  Plus I got to use my new cake stand that I picked up at the Sacramento Antique Fair on Sunday.  It was boring stained wood until I painted a Jade color...not bad for 3 bucks!!

I made the little Happy Birthday bunting with bakers twine, stamps and some washi tape.  Definitely saving this to use for another birthday.

For the white cake I used my favorite white cupcake recipe from Will Cook For Smiles.  
I just doubled the recipe to fill three 8" cake pans.

The Lemon Curd and Mascarpone Frostings came from There Goes the Cupcake. 

I'm not a big Lemon Cake fan BUT this cake may change that I actually ate a whole piece and might go back for more!

Happy Baking!!






f

No comments:

Post a Comment